[cisco-voip] Billback software upgrade

Leslie Meade lmeade at signal.ca
Thu Jul 2 13:41:00 EDT 2009

I have a client that uses a Billback data base and they upgraded it from
sql 2000 to sql 2005.
Now they are getting sql errors like

OLE DB provider "SQLNCLI" for linked server "172.16.1.10" returned
message "Unspecified error".
OLE DB provider "SQLNCLI" for linked server "172.16.1.10" returned
message "The stored procedure required to complete this operation could
not be found on the server. Please contact your system administrator.".
Msg 7311, Level 16, State 2, Line 1

Cannot obtain the schema rowset "DBSCHEMA_TABLES_INFO" for OLE DB
provider "SQLNCLI" for linked server "172.16.1.10". The provider
supports the interface, but returns a failure code when it is used.

Microsoft identifies the problem as the system stored procedures not
being upgraded when SQL 2000 was upgraded from SP3 to SP4.

 The link for the fix is: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/906954

The fix is to run instcat.sql against the CCM instance of SQL 2000.

Does anyone know of an issue with this? I am very dubious about anything
SQL related to the call managers so I thought I'd ask here before asking
TAC

Leslie