[cisco-voip] FXS Ring Voltage

Norton, Mike mikenorton at pwsd76.ab.ca
Mon Jul 6 15:26:08 EDT 2009

If memory serves, I think the night ringer port on the PCM2000 can be
configured a couple different ways - contact closure, etc. As long as it
is set for regular 90V ring, then you don't need anything special.
Sounds like you already have it set up right, you just forgot to
actually place a call to the FXS port. It's only going to provide ring
voltage when someone's calling it. I like to put the FXS port's DN in a
broadcast hunt group with the reception phones, with time-of-day
partitions to achieve the "night" portion of the night ringer.

--

Mike Norton

I.T. Support

Peace Wapiti School Division No. 76