[cisco-voip] barcode scanner for new deployment

Larry Hadrava larryh at ipexpert.com
Sat Jul 11 11:13:42 EDT 2009

Mike:
I've used several. If you just need it for reading the mac from the box or
from the phone label then the normal USB ~$130 garden variety will do fine.
They are plug and play and will copy what is read into any text application
that you have open on the laptop. They also kick in a linefeed so you will
be at the next entry without any action on your part.

I've used these cheap scanners for small to large deployments and they work
great.

Try looking at bestbuy or compusa. I think that is where I got my last one.
Thanks
Larry Hadrava
CCIE #12203 CCNP
Sr. Support Engineer – IPexpert, Inc.