[cisco-voip] Redundancy Options for CME

Bill Greenwood (US) bill.greenwood at us.didata.com
Sun Jul 12 15:03:16 EDT 2009

I am looking for information on how to provide redundancy for a CME
based system.

The configuration is there are two identical routers at the site, two
PRI circuits to the PSTN and 60 or so phones.  I am at a loss as to how
to recommend redundancy for this.  Is it one router configured with CME
as normal, but how should the second router be configured?  Is the
second router configured with CME or as an SRST router.  How should the
second router appear to the primary CME router?  How should the PRIs be
connected, if one is connected to each router I can set up the dial peer
to route the outbound calls, but how are the inbound (from the PSTN)
routed?  If the PRIs are connected to only one router redundancy is
lost.  I have be unable to locate any documentation that explains how to
set this up.

Thanks for your help.

Bill

Disclaimer: