[cisco-voip] Conference Bridging Issues - 6509 with CMM-ACT

Dane dane at pktloss.net
Mon Jul 13 13:03:01 EDT 2009

Having some trouble getting the conference bridging moved over to the
CMM's in my 6509s.  CallManager is running 4.1(3)

I thought I setup everything correctly but adhoc conferencing from
phones isn't working.

I guess the first question I have is to make sure I am not confusing
things.  The conferencing I am attempting is from my 7960.  I call one
user, press the confrn softkey on phone and it places user on hold and
provides me dialtone to call another user.  I do that and other user
picks up and I then hit confrn. softkey one more time.

When I do that it hangs up on both users and says "Can Not Join Calls".

I think I had three basic things I needed to do in order to get these
CMM-ACT's working.

1. Configure the CMM IOS side to support the conference bridging
2. Add the new conference bridges in CallManager (also removed the old
ones point to 6608s)
3. Add the new conference bridge media resources to the existing media
resource group and remove the old ones.

All of these steps were done but obviously I either did something
incorrectly or I am missing something.

Here is my config on the CMM:

mediacard 3
 resource-pool conf_bridging dsps 2
!
!
sccp local GigabitEthernet1/0
sccp ccm 10.61.100.71 identifier 2 version 4.1
sccp ccm 10.61.100.70 identifier 1 version 4.1
sccp
!
sccp ccm group 1
 bind interface GigabitEthernet1/0
 associate ccm 1 priority 2
 associate ccm 2 priority 1
 associate profile 1 register C05001a6c0368d6
!
dspfarm
!
dspfarm profile 1 conference adhoc
 rtp timeout 600
 codec g711ulaw packetization-period 30
 codec g711alaw packetization-period 30
 codec g729r8 packetization-period 30
 codec g729ar8 packetization-period 30
 codec g723r63 packetization-period 30
 codec g723r53 packetization-period 30
 vad override off
 associate resource-pool conf_bridging

On CallManager I added the conference bridge as follows and it does
show as registered:

Type:  Cisco Conference Bridge (WS-SVC-CMM)
Name:  C05001A6C0368D6
MAC: 001A6C0368D6
Subunit:  3
Max Capacity: 32  --->  This was default, doesn't 1 dsp handle 32?
Resource pool shows 2 dsps, matter?
RTP Timeout:  600

Appreciate any thoughts or suggestions about this.

Regards,
Dane