[cisco-voip] Cisco 7960 woes

Joseph Mays mays at win.net
Wed Jul 15 16:22:23 EDT 2009

> Honestly I think it's time you opened a TAC SR.

Well, that's a little hard because, as I said, it's a 3640 and thus no
longer supported by Cisco.

I took a phone and configured it manually, punching in the IP from the
keypad and everything, and plugged it into our office. It contacted the call
manager, downloaded the config, set itself up, and works fine for calling
the other phone in the office. The implication is that there is some reason
the setup is not working specifically for phones down networks lanes other
than our office. But IP communications to the other non working phones seem
fine, I can ping them, etc., and nothing is firewalled, all communications
are open.