[cisco-voip] Changing directory numbers in bulk

M. de Vos mdevos75 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 14:21:36 EDT 2009

I have often ran into situations just like yours. Where BAT can't do the
job, AXL can, but you get stuck writing specific code for a specific problem
every time. My co-workers and I have been attempting to normalize the AXL by
wrapping a CLI around.  The CLI is built on Microsoft Powershell.  It's been
in development for quite some time and we use it extensively internally.
It's still beta code, though. Not everything will work, but your update
should not be a problem (I have done that one myself a few times).  Shoot me
an email if you're interested. I'm sure I can arrange something to get you a
beta copy of it.

Take it easy,
Matthijs

"Beck, Christopher" <CBeck at usg.com> wrote in message
news:AF8E5A5BA2DF074E8B46A3B4A8BC265513BB1FE3 at CERO-MB-01.USG.NET...
I am building a 7.1 callmanager cluster parallel to our existing 4.2.3
cluster as part of an upgrade.  I started from a clean DMA.

I am attempting to bring a couple sites inline with our dialplan standard,
which involves changing existing 4 digit DNs to 10 digit DNs.  There are
about 1500 affected directory numbers, so I don't really want to do it by
hand. <grin>

I have been looking at the AXL SQL TOOLKIT.  I can get it to respond
correctly to SELECT statements with the affected DNs, so I know the where
logic is correct.  But, when I change to the update <table> set <directory
number> statement, I get a syntax error.

The query in question is as follows.

<sql query="update numplan set numplan.dnorpattern = '3124364541' from
numplan,routepartition where numplan.dnorpattern = '4541' and
routepartition.name = 'CW-DN' and numplan.fkroutepartition =
routepartition.pkid"/>

Is what I am trying possible?  Is the database permission such that a
specific user is required for execution?  (I am using administrator
account.)

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Chris Beck
IT Lead - Voice Technologies
USG Corporation
+13124364541 (office)
+13127305524 (Mobile)
+13126724541 (FAX)
+18478599677 (FINDME)
cbeck at usg.com

Confidentiality Notice: This email is intended for the sole use of the
intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential, proprietary or
privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
notified that any use, review, dissemination, copying or action taken based
on this message or its attachments, if any, is prohibited. If you are not
the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy
or delete all copies of the original message and any attachments. Thank you.