[cisco-voip] Mobile Device register to CallManager via Internet access

Ryan Ratliff rratliff at cisco.com
Tue Jul 21 08:58:05 EDT 2009

1. As long as the device doing the NAT/PAT can fixup the protocol (ie
SIP) then this should work.
2. No idea, this sounds a bit like CUBE and is certainly better than
having your CUCM open to every SIP device on the internet.
3. Will probably depend on the phone.  I'm pretty sure somebody wrote
an app to let an iPhone act as a SIP client.

As Aman suggested you should also look into the CUMA/CUMC products.
If you have lots of smart-phone users then this may be something of
interest but is a lot more complicated than just running a SIP client
on the phones.

-Ryan