[cisco-voip] Block CallerID to Unity

Dennis Heim Dennis.Heim at cdw.com
Thu Jul 23 07:31:42 EDT 2009

I have a case where they want a user not to know who left the voicemail. I can block the callerid on phone without a problem... I just use a translation pattern and it appears on the phone as from "private." However, when the call goes to Unity, it still carriers the original called number and so Unity identifies as that is who the call is from. Anyone had to deal with this before? I know I could hairpin the call into an H.323 gateway and sent it back to CCM, but that seems really.. umm like a major PITA.

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated...

Dennis Heim
Network Voice Engineer
CDW  Advanced Technology Services