[cisco-voip] [OSL | CCIE_Voice] MWI for SIP phones on CCME and CUE 7

Phil G pgciscovoip at gmx.net
Fri Jul 24 04:10:38 EDT 2009

Jonathan Charles wrote:

> !
> voice register dn  1
>  number 3005
>  call-forward b2bua busy 3100
>  call-forward b2bua mailbox 3005
>  call-forward b2bua noan 3100 timeout 12
>  allow watch
>  name Phone1

> voice register pool  1
>  id mac 0016.9DEF.16E5
>  type 7961
>  number 1 dn 1
>  template 1
>  presence call-list
>  dtmf-relay rtp-nte sip-notify
>  username 3005 password cisco
>  description 3214-3005
>  codec g711ulaw
>  blf-speed-dial 2 3001 label "BLFto3001"
>

> sip-ua
>  retry invite 2
>  timers trying 200
>  mwi-server ipv4:192.168.29.230 expires 3600 port 5060 transport udp

I had the same problem. I have compared your config with my config.
Assuming that 3005 is your extension where you want to have MWI, you
have to add under

voice register dn 1
  mwi

In CUE-GUI under Voice Mail/Message Waiting Notification/Settings you
have to check Subscribe Notify, Include Envelope, Outcalling and you
should see 1 active subscription under Subscribe notify