[cisco-voip] FW: CUOM supporting HP Procurve - CDP MIBS

Subhrojyoti Banerjee subhrojyoti at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 27 08:19:24 EDT 2009

Hi All,

I'm not sure if this would be the right forum but thought would try my luck just in case if someone had some experience or ideas. Customer wants to replace his Access layer switches with HP ProCurve products. We hope to replace their edge switches with HP ProCurve 2910al product (or 3500yl alternatively).

A potential showstopper is Cisco Unified Operations Manager (CUOM) not supporting ProCurve switches. We need to have it map Cisco VoIP phones to the switch ports. As far as  we could see, the 2910al does support the Cisco-CDP MIBS and propagates the connected Phones. However we didn’t manage to get CUOM to support the 2910al in that respect.

Does anyone know of a workaround for CUOM to support the above products or may be how it organizes switch support in general (particularly having Cisco IPT's connected)?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,
Subhrojyoti