[cisco-voip] sip phone calls between two sites

Wes Sisk wsisk at cisco.com
Thu Jul 30 10:58:55 EDT 2009

disconnect at time of answer is a classic example of codec mismatch.

calling site1:xlite to site2:ciscophone and getting g.729 means you are
configured for g.729 between sites.  As g.729 is a licensed codec I do
not believe it is included in xlite natively.  in that case CM will
recognize a code mismatch and allocate a transcoder to compensate.

unfortunately that breaks down when you have 2 xlite phones involved
unless you have transcoders avialable at both sites and transcoders
included in the MRGL of the xlite phone configuration in callmanager.

if xlite supports iLBC you could consider upgrading to a version of CM
that supports iLBC and use that as your low bit rate codec instead of g.729.

to confirm it is a codec issue go into your regions config within CM
and allow g.711 between the 2 sites.  if xlite calls then work then you
are running into a codec mismatch.

/wes