[cisco-voip] PBX-to-IPPBX calls

Ryan Ratliff rratliff at cisco.com
Fri Jun 5 12:13:53 EDT 2009

Here is where things start to go wrong:
*Jun  4 11:13:08.203: ISDN Se0/3/0:15 Q931: RX <- ALERTING pd = 8
callref = 0x808D
*Jun  4 11:13:08.207: ISDN Se0/3/0:15 Q931: TX -> STATUS pd = 8
callref = 0x008D
         Cause i = 0x80E018 - Mandatory information element missing
         Call State i = 0x01

The pstn sends you an Alerting message to signal the far-end is
ringing.  Either your IPPBX or the router doesn't like the fact that
this Alerting doesn't have a PI and that's what the "Mandatory
information element missing" cause in the Status message means.  The
pstn then sends you a Status message indicating that the Status you
sent isn't compatible with the callstate it is in (this is most
common with PRI protocol-type mismatches).  You then send a Release
to drop the call because obviously it's not going anywhere.

Are you aware that this call is looping back out to the pstn in the
first place?  You receive the call to 3141222 on 0/3/0:15 channel 1
and then send it right back out on channel 2.

*Jun  4 11:13:08.027: ISDN Se0/3/0:15 Q931: RX <- SETUP pd = 8
callref = 0x000F
         Bearer Capability i = 0x8090A3
                 Standard = CCITT
                 Transfer Capability = Speech
                 Transfer Mode = Circuit
                 Transfer Rate = 64 kbit/s
         Called Party Number i = 0x80, '3141222'
                 Plan:Unknown, Type:Unknown
         High Layer Compat i = 0x9181
*Jun  4 11:13:08.047: ISDN Se0/3/0:15 Q931: Applying typeplan for sw-
type 0x16 is 0x0 0x0, Called num 3141222
*Jun  4 11:13:08.047: ISDN Se0/3/0:15 Q931: TX -> CALL_PROC pd = 8
callref = 0x800F
         Channel ID i = 0xA98381
                 Exclusive, Channel 1
*Jun  4 11:13:08.047: ISDN Se0/3/0:15 Q931: TX -> SETUP pd = 8
callref = 0x008D
         Bearer Capability i = 0x8090A3
                 Standard = CCITT
                 Transfer Capability = Speech
                 Transfer Mode = Circuit
                 Transfer Rate = 64 kbit/s
         Channel ID i = 0xA98382
                 Exclusive, Channel 2
         Called Party Number i = 0x80, '3141222'
                 Plan:Unknown, Type:Unknown
         High Layer Compat i = 0x9181

There's also this line "*Jun  4 11:13:08.047: ISDN Se0/3/0:15 Q931:
Applying typeplan for sw-type 0x16 is 0x0 0x0, Called num 3141222".
I'm not sure what's going on with that or what sw-type 0x16 is.

-Ryan