[cisco-voip] CCM 4.3(1) SA and local administrator password restrictions on installation

Paul asobihoudai at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 11 15:43:29 EDT 2009

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/install/4_3/cm431ins.html

Being bitten in the ass by Cisco documentation more than once in two weeks, I'd like to get some clarification on passwords for the local Administrator (NT admin account I'm assuming), and the SA (SQL Server system administrator).

The URL above warns "When entering passwords for the local
Administrator and SA (SQL Server system administrator) accounts, enter
alphanumeric characters only. The account password must match on every
server in the cluster." I'm assuming this means NO SYMBOLS, PUNCTUATION, OR OTHER GOBBLEYGOOK. The customer has created a password with symbols and punctuation so I'm quite concerned that I need to blow away the cluster and reinstall all three nodes because of this. I'd, naturally, like to avoid such self-flagellation but if required will do what needs to be done.

Can anyone confirm that only A-Z, a-z, 0-9 are the only characters allowed for these passwords? Thanks!

Paul