[cisco-voip] Convert Progress to Disconnect ISDN Q931 Message

Kalle Tetto tettokalle at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 16 18:44:08 EDT 2009

Hi,

currently I have a problem with my QSIG ECMA CUCM <-> SIEMENS connection.

PSTN E1 PRI<->H323<->CUCM<->MGCP QSIG ECMA E1 PRI<->SIEMENS

the siemens is not delievering a disconnect code, instead it delivers a
progress message with the following q931 debug:

Jun 16 15:38:46.460: ISDN Se0/1/1:15 Q931: RX <- PROGRESS pd = 8
callref = 0xBC34
	Cause i = 0x8091 - User busy

disc-pi-off is for sure not the problem, because I tried all possible
configurations. The CUCM service parameter does now state the following:

Convert Progress to Disconnect for User Side PRI EURO:   This parameter
determines whether to convert a Progress request that contains a Call
Clearing cause value to a Disconnect message. Valid values specify True
(convert the Progress request to a Disconnect message) or False (do not
convert the Progress request). This parameter is only applicable to the
USER side of a PRI EURO interface during the call establishment phase.

But this seems not to work, is this because I have a QISG. Has anyone a
clue, what else could help? The problem is, that the caller hers
ringback all the time. Would it be possible to play busy back instead of
ringback in that case?

Currently I’m also not sure if the Siemens could be reconfigured so that
it sends a disconnect.

any idea is very much appreciated

Cheers