[cisco-voip] H.323 best practice question

Nick Matthews matthnick at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 19:39:25 EDT 2009

If you would like to route this to another gateway there would be two
suggested.

The first one will send something like 'no circuit/channel available'
to CUCM, and it should progress through the Route Group/List to the
next gateway.

otherwise to send it from the gateway itself:

voice service voip
 allow-connections h323 to h323
h323
 h225 connect-passthru

and then the dial peer:

dial-peer voice 3
preference 3
session target ipv4:3.3.3.3
codec g711ulaw
dtmf-relay h245-alpha
no vad
..any other options

The more graceful way would probably be the huntstop situation,
because otherwise you're turning your H323 gateway into a CUBE.  CUBE
wouldn't be preferred to having CUCM accept the failed call and retry
a new one.

-nick