[cisco-voip] Unity 7 install

Bill Talley btalley at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 10:56:48 EDT 2009

It hasn't been since 4.0(4) or 4.0(5) I believe.

>From the Unity SRND:

*

Physical Placement and Network Infrastructure

Revised May 6, 2008
*

To ensure that Cisco Unity functions properly, we require that a Cisco Unity
server be in the same data center as the following servers:
*

•*The Exchange server that Cisco Unity communicates with, commonly known as
the partner Exchange server. For more information on the partner Exchange
server, see the "Exchange Considerations (All Versions)" section on page
4-7.
*

•*Every Exchange server on which mailboxes for that Cisco Unity server are
homed. If Cisco Unity is separated by a WAN from an Exchange server on which
subscriber mailboxes are homed, a second Cisco Unity server must be
co-located with the remote Exchange server.
*

•*At least one domain controller. If Cisco Unity subscribers are homed in
more than one domain, a DC for each domain must be in the same data center
as the Cisco Unity server.
*

•*At least one global catalog server.
*

•*At least one DNS server.

These requirements apply regardless of whether the non-Cisco Unity servers
are customer provided, or are Cisco provided and dedicated to Cisco Unity.