[cisco-voip] SIP Trunk to Paetec ITSP

tednugent73 at gmail.com tednugent73 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 13:57:55 EDT 2009

Uggh.. This keeps getting better the more I dig into it... they're running
CM4.2 which I know requires a hardware based MTP to pull DTMF out of band,
however other than that and the potential port issues on the firewall what
are the implications of running an ITSP trunk on 4.x? I've always thought
of SIP trunking (SIP anything) pre-5.x as a novelty at best… Are there any
features/functionality that might be missing and/or should I pressure them
to upgrade to CM6.x+ beforehand (not even sure if that's an option at this
stage in the game)? I'm loading up the SRND as we speak but any real world
feedback is greatly welcome. Thanks Matt and Paul for your responses!