[cisco-voip] Upgrade CM 4.1(3) to 7.X exchanging MCS and phones

Marcelo Zilio ziliomarcelo at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 13:12:25 EDT 2009

Hello,
We are about to migrate an IPT scenario from version 4.1(3) to 7.0(1) or
maybe 7.1(2).
Customer will exchange MCS servers and all phones by new ones.

I'm trying to figure out the steps to accomplish that:

1 - Run DMA on the old MCS server;
2 - Install CM7 on the new MCS and import DMA database (I'm not sure if this
is possible);
3 - Get the license from Cisco;
4 - Export all phones detailed through Bulk Administration (on the new
server);
5 - On a spreadsheet update all MAC address;
6 - Delete all old phones on the new server;
7 - Import all new phones;
Is this the way?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks