[cisco-voip] Call Manager Disk Utilization Levels

thomaslemay at comcast.net thomaslemay at comcast.net
Mon Jun 22 17:56:18 EDT 2009

We have a Unified Cisco Call Manager cluster with one Publisher, a subscriber and two TFTP servers.  We are running 6.1.3BSU1.  All four call manager servers are running at 92% disk utilization.  I did run a utils core list from the admin prompt but did not find any old core files which could be deleted from any of the servers.  Cisco says that is a "normal" baseline for our servers and not to be concerned until they reach 95% disk utilization .  We are at approximately 5,000 users now and will grow to approximately 10,000 users in the near future.  Are there other companies out there running at 92% disk utilization?  With a similar user base?  I have also learned that purchasing additional hard drives for our current MCS 7845 servers will not reduce the 92% disk utilization issue.  I would appreciate hearing about options to reduce the 92% disk utilization  concern especially with future growth.  It seems to me that a larger drive size would be in order.   How are others handling this issue?

Thank you,

Tom