[cisco-voip] Semi OT: iPhone SIP Client for Cisco ?

Dane dane at pktloss.net
Mon May 4 13:48:30 EDT 2009

I know I know.. its a tad off topic I suppose.

However after reading this article today about RIM and Cisco
announcing a new version (I didn't know there was an existing version)
of the Blackberry Mobile Voice System Server it made me wonder a bit.

I have seen SIP clients for the iPhone.  A year ago at Networkers
Chambers and other Cisco folk demonstrated various iPhone apps and
seemed all gung-ho about the platform but I have yet seen anything
even talk about Cisco working on a Cisco softphone app for the iPhone.

Wondering if anyone knows anything about their plans in this area.
Seems mobile unified communications is a major initiative and push in
many ways and I have recently seen more and more apps for the iPhone
being pushed out by Cisco like the "Cisco Mobile Supervisor" for IPCC
Express and the Cisco WebEx client.  So it seems like a Cisco branded
and approved SIP client would be a great add-on as well.

Anyway.. just curious is all and wondering what others know or have heard.