[cisco-voip] Getting To The Right Voicemail

Lelio Fulgenzi lelio at uoguelph.ca
Tue May 5 17:46:08 EDT 2009

alternate extensions in Unity/Unity Connection will do the trick.

if you are using a third party VM, you can use custom voicemail profiles.

this is the ONE things that Cisco removed from CCM 3.2 or something like that. in CCM 3.x you had a "voicemail box" field in every DN config page. IT WAS AWESOME!

then it was replaced by "voice mail profiles" which is not scalable if you want 3000 custom voicemail boxes.

alternate extensions aren't ideal because Unity/Unity Connection AA will never ring the alternate extension.

that being said, Unity Connection now has partitions, soooooooooo, you should be able to set up the search space of the "attempt forward" routing rule to include alternate extension partitions, but leave the partition out of any AA search space.

haven't tested that yet.

---
Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A.
(519) 824-4120 x56354 (519) 767-1060 FAX (JNHN)
"Bad grammar makes me [sic]" - Tshirt