[cisco-voip] Getting To The Right Voicemail

Michael Back Michael.Back at nisd.net
Wed May 6 09:21:46 EDT 2009

I don't know if I am reading your question correctly, but you could
change the voice mail extension to match the new extension.  This way
calls to the old extension are forwarded to the new extension, and the
vm profile will match the new extension with the correct mailbox.

MB

>>> Jim Reed <jreed at swiftnews.com> 5/5/2009 4:35 PM >>>
We have several people who are changing extensions.  I am setting up
their
old extensions as phantoms which Call Forward All to their new
extension.
Is there a way in the Device setup to force the new extension voicemail
take the message instead of it trying to revert back to voicemail for
the
old extension or will I have to create a call handler for each of the
old
extensions with the new extension as the covering voicemail?
--
Jim Reed
Swift Communications, Inc.