[cisco-voip] CCX 7.0 Initial Configuration Help Needed

Terry Glass hispacific at yahoo.com
Thu May 7 13:16:40 EDT 2009

Setting up CCX 7.0 with CUCM 7.0(1).

During the initial configuration of CCX, it asks for an AXL Admin and then on the Cisco Unified CM Configuration Page, under the CM Telephony Subsystem, it asks for a User Prefix and Password, and finally under the RmCm Subsystem, it asks for a User ID and Password.

Problem is that I can't find out how to set these up in CUCM 7.0 in either the CCX Installation Guide or the CUCM Guides.

I created a User Group called CCX AXL Admin and assigned the Standard AXL API Access role to it.
I then created a Application User called CCX_AXL_Admin and added the user group I created. After some reading I also added the Standard CCM Admin User group (the CCX Installation Guide says Standard Unified CCX Administrators group and "Standard AXL API Access" roles in Unified CCX Communications Manager but I think they meant CCM and CUCM).

I also activated Cisco CTIManager and Cisco AXL Web Service.

I am right so far?

What do I need to do for the Telephony Subsystem, User Prefix, and the RmCm Subsystem, User ID ? How do I set those up in CUCM 7.0? Is there anything else I have to setup in CUCM? Is there any documentation that shows how to do all this?

I really appreciate all the help that the members of PUCKS provide.

Terry Glass