[cisco-voip] Deploying 7961 Phones Remotely with ASA5500?

Craig Staffin craig at staffin.org
Thu May 7 15:25:02 EDT 2009

Wes,

The way the phone proxy works is by putting the phone into secure mode.  So
it actually sets up a TLS tunnel between itself and the ASA.  Since it is a
TLS tunnel that all routers understand it will open up the incoming ports to
it.  Atleast this is how I have seen it work and thats what documentation
states.

Craig