[cisco-voip] calls using the wrong dial peer

Nick Matthews matthnick at gmail.com
Thu May 7 17:11:09 EDT 2009

This is basic dial peer matching.

incoming pots:
incoming called number
answer address
destination pattern on ANI
port

If you have incoming called number ., it's going to match on that no
matter what else is applied to the dial peer.  If you have something
like an FXS this can be avoided by putting a station-id on the voice
port and matching that on the answer address, and not using an
incoming called number. To match on the port you can't have any of the
other 3 match.

For a situation with multiple PRIs, where you don't necessarily want
to put a station-id on them, you would have to do any translation on
the voice port itself rather than the dial peers.  Or creatively
leverage some difference in the numbers you dial in or out of the
different PRIs, but this requires more knowledge of what's going on
with the circuits.

-nick