[cisco-voip] 3rd-gen and newer IP phones 5-10 seconds slow

Wes Sisk wsisk at cisco.com
Fri May 8 21:19:09 EDT 2009

We have had at least one report of this before.  That issue appears
associated to CSCsd54013.  I don't necessarily agree with that.

My recollection (questionable?) of this issue is that when 3rd gen phone
are provided NTP server they ignore time from CM.  If the phones cannot
sync from NTP source for any reason then they drift.

Are you attempting to provide NTP source to the phones via any means?

/Wes