[cisco-voip] Calculating DSPs for converting SIP trunks to PRIs

Mark Holloway mh at markholloway.com
Tue May 12 18:44:05 EDT 2009

PVDM2 modules signify 1:1 correspondence with G.711.  Two PVDM2-48 modules
will provide 96 call paths to your PBX.  Note that ISDN PRI uses 23B
channels and one D channel per PRI unless you are using NFAS.  23x4=92

Using a SIP trunk has no influence on PVDM2 resource allocation.  The point
of reference is the number of B channels used on the VWIC modules.