[cisco-voip] SP VoIP edge options: SIP trunks vs PRIs

Lelio Fulgenzi lelio at uoguelph.ca
Tue May 12 19:36:22 EDT 2009

SIP trunks are only "cheaper" if you are also using the SIP provider as your Internet provider. In our case, we get our internet through a conglomerate (your day is not complete until you use conglomerate in a sentence) of providers and through a remote site via a regional network. It's fast and cheap this way. Those providers don't offer SIP trunks, so we have to go with other providers. They've told us outright, "Forget it. It's not worth it until you buy Internet from us."

Anyways, just a thought.

---
Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A.
(519) 824-4120 x56354 (519) 767-1060 FAX (JNHN)
"Bad grammar makes me [sic]" - Tshirt