[cisco-voip] Update Specific Line Fields in CUCM 6.1(2) using BAT

Go0se me at go0se.com
Wed May 20 11:18:43 EDT 2009

If you are using BAT you would need to export the phone information,
"massage" it back into a new BAT file (or files) with required changes,
delete the existing phones, and then re-import the phones from the new BAT
file(s). IF YOU DO THIS BE SURE YOU HAVE AUTO REGISTRATION TURNED OFF
otherwise all your phones will auto register after you do the delete and the
new import will fail. If you have a lot of phones to update, I'll give you a
word of advice from experience. I would suggest you perform this on a small
subset of phones first before you "shotgun blast" a large number of phones.

If you simply wish to change the Caller ID on x number of phones from their
individual extensions to say the company's main number you can do so via the
UPDATE LINES function (BULK ADMINISTRATION | PHONES |ADD/UPDATE LINES |
UPDATE LINES). You can perform a query that finds the extensions you wish to
change, then in the UPDATE LINES section check the box next to "external
phone number mask" and in the box enter the main phone number of the
company. You cannot, however, do a query that will parse a BAT file full of
something like "current caller id" and "new caller id" fields getting it to
do a glorified "search and replace". I believe you would need to resort to
AXL for something like that.

-Go0se

http://atc.go0se.com