[cisco-voip] MCS7825-H3 NIC1 is Dead.

Richard Humphries Richardh at aos5.com
Wed May 20 12:07:01 EDT 2009

I receive no link light on the NIC or on the front of the server, switch port shows down.  If I move the same cable to NIC2 I get a link light on the NIC, LED on the front of the server and the switch port changes to up.

Here's the odd thing that I just discovered and notified TAC of.  If I plug NIC1 into a Catalyst 3550 100MB port it works fine.  It's just when the NIC1 is plugged into the GIG port on the 6509 that it fails to bring up a link.  I know the switch port is configured correctly on the 6509, otherwise NIC2 wouldn't come active.

I have 4 other servers running CallManager 7, UCCX7, and Unity 7 plugged into the 6509 using NIC1 with no issues. (7825, 7835, and 7845's)

I'm starting the CER7 install now, once it's installed I'm going to try to hardcode the speed/duplex on the server and plug it back into the 6509 and see if it works.

Thanks,