[cisco-voip] TTS Unity connection Exchange 2007

Voice Noob voicenoob at gmail.com
Wed May 20 15:23:29 EDT 2009

I am reading the admin guide on how to do the integration to allow Text to
speech for exchange 2007. I read this and am just baffled

Step 8 http://www.cisco.com/en/US/i/templates/blank.gif(Only when the Use
User ID Provided Below option is selected in
<http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/7x/administration/
guide/7xcucsag295.html#wp1066999> Step 7) In the User ID field, enter the
User ID setting from Exchange.

Step 9 http://www.cisco.com/en/US/i/templates/blank.gifIn the Password
field, enter the password from Exchange. Connection will log on the user
with the setting in this field.

Step 10 http://www.cisco.com/en/US/i/templates/blank.gifUnder Service
Capabilities, check the User Access to Email in Third-Party Message Store
check box.

Step 11 http://www.cisco.com/en/US/i/templates/blank.gifClick Save.

So is the administrator suppose to put the users password in? What happens
when the user changes their password? Is there a way for the user to do
this? I don't want to know their passwords.