[cisco-voip] Update Specific Line Fields in CUCM 6.1(2) using BAT

Joe Halenkamp - JHH JHH at DJJ.com
Thu May 21 09:24:35 EDT 2009

No,

You can delete a device from the CCM system, which frees up 4-license,
but once added back, the new device will utilize that license.  The
phones take up 4-licenses per device in CCM 6.1.

________________________________

From: cisco-voip-bounces at puck.nether.net
[mailto:cisco-voip-bounces at puck.nether.net] On Behalf Of Anthony
Kouloglou
Sent: Thursday, May 21, 2009 1:56 AM
To: Jason Burns
Cc: ci >> "cisco-voip at puck-nether.net"
Subject: Re: [cisco-voip] Update Specific Line Fields in CUCM 6.1(2)
using BAT

Hi Jason,
i don't think that i have licensing problems; at least not yet!
I have purchased a new 7816 HW. I bought the node and software licenses.
I then installed DMA at my old HW (7815) running CCM 4.1 and got the
file that i used to install the 6.1.
It is a normal procedure that leads you to have negative licenses.
I know that cannot add any more phone from now unless i send to cisco
the appropriate info of when and how i bought the devices at first
place.
Then, cisco will send me the new device licenses that will bring my
system to zero device licenses.
So, my question is: is there or not going to be a problem if i delete
now a device and then readd it?

Jason Burns wrote:

	Fix your licensing problems first. If the License Unit Report
web page is reporting negative license units you won't be able to add
any phones. The problem is most likely that the licenses are not loaded,
that the licenses loaded are incorrect, or that there is a bug in
CallManager (in order of the probability I typically see)

	If you go to the License File Upload page you should see at
least three licenses

	Phone Unit - The DLUs for devices
	Node - One unit needed for each CCM server in the cluster
	Software Feature - needed for CCM service to start

	The files will have a long random looking name, and have XML
data inside of them tell you how many units, and of what type those
units are. You can just look at them with a naked eye to verify that you
have enough node, phone unit licenses, and a single software feature
license.