[cisco-voip] $ at end of destination-pattern dial-peer in 2811 H323 router

Paul asobihoudai at yahoo.com
Thu May 21 13:51:07 EDT 2009

>From my recollection, the $ just tells the box that it isn't going to receive any more digits from this dial string. I think instead of delays, it'll send out the call faster in the case of a similar dial string that's only longer.

________________________________
From: Jason Aarons (US) <jason.aarons at us.didata.com>
To: "cisco-voip at puck-nether.net" <cisco-voip at puck.nether.net>
Sent: Thursday, May 21, 2009 1:11:33 PM
Subject: [cisco-voip] $ at end of destination-pattern dial-peer in 2811 H323 router

I’m working with a European company.  I suspect
they are used to variable length dial plans versus or fixed digits north American
numbering plan.  I noticed the running-config has dollar signs at the end
of dial peers and wonder if it will create any issues….not something I’m
used to seeing…

The telco sends 10 digits, so why have the $ at end?
If I leave it will it cause issues/delays?

Sample;
dial-peer voice 800 voip
 description dial-peer to DC 9045970581
 destination-pattern 9045970581$
 progress_ind setup enable 3
 progress_ind progress enable 8
 voice-class codec 1
 voice-class h323 1
 session protocol sipv2
 session target ipv4:10.80.250.82
 incoming called-number .
 dtmf-relay rtp-nte digit-drop
 no vad
shut

Disclaimer: This e-mail communication and any attachments may contain confidential and privileged information and is for use by the designated addressee(s) named above only..  If you are not the intended addressee, you are hereby notified that you have received this communication in error and that any use or reproduction of this email or its contents is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to this message and deleting it from your computer. Thank you.