[cisco-voip] Firmware Update

Ryan Ratliff rratliff at cisco.com
Tue May 26 14:39:54 EDT 2009

The phone will attempt to download a new firmware any time it
downloads a TFTP configuration file that specifies a load different
than the one running currently.

I don't think a failover to a backup server triggers a tftp config
file download.  If the phone lost communication to all servers then
it would most likely end up with a tftp config file download
(depending on the timing of the server coming back).

-Ryan