[cisco-voip] Impact of Changing Active Directory username when integrated with UCM 7 and Unity Connection 7

Bill Talley btalley at gmail.com
Tue May 26 11:36:56 EDT 2009

I haven’t done this but imagine that changing a username in active directory
(due to marriage, divorce, or whatever reason), will cause havoc for the
associated user in UCM and Unity Connection during the next synch period?
I’m guessing it changes the previous user account to inactive status and
imports the updated AD account as a new user in both systems, thereby
eliminating device associations, Unity Connection mailbox, etc.   I'm hoping
I'm wrong and the AD username can be changed without impact to either UC
application.

I've checked the SRND for both and don't find any comments in this regard.
I've also search the archives, netpro and lmgtfy (although I'm hoping
someone has more effective search critieria to send me one of those infamous
links, LOL).  Unfortunately I don't have access to the AD server to make a
temp account and test.

Has anyone experienced, or otherwise know the true impact of such a
change?

Thanks
Bill