[cisco-voip] 2801 router and VWIC2-1MFT-T1/E1 card

Dana Tong (AU) Dana.Tong at didata.com.au
Thu May 28 07:46:49 EDT 2009

Perhaps try the following commands?

voice-card 0
 no dspfarm
 dsp services dspfarm

-----Original Message-----
From: cisco-voip-bounces at puck.nether.net [mailto:cisco-voip-bounces at puck.nether.net] On Behalf Of ccieid1ot
Sent: Thursday, May 28, 2009 9:39 PM
To: junior
Subject: Re: [cisco-voip] 2801 router and VWIC2-1MFT-T1/E1 card

Transcoding already configured?  Removed it.  Do a show diag.

On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 5:39 AM, junior <drrtuy at ya.ru> wrote:
> Hello.
>
>>> I would like to use a 2801 ISR with a VWIC2-1MFT-T1/E1 to terminate an E1
>>> circuit with 10 voice channels (it's a Telstra OnRamp30 with 10 lines) at
>>> one of our smaller sites. The 2801 has enough capacity for SRST etc. to
>>> support the site.
>>>
>>> However, when I add the configs to the router:
>>> controller E1 0/0/0
>>>  pri-group timeslots 1-10,16
>>>
>>> I get this error:
>>>
>>> %Insufficient resources to create pri-group - it has been removed
>>>
>>> The config is a duplicate of an in-service 2811 router. The only
>>> difference is that the current router is a 2801. I thought it might be a
>>> lack of DSP resources, so I tried it with a PVDM2-16 module replacing the
>>> PVDM2-8 module that is installed. The 2801 saw the 16 voice channel
>>> resources, but I got the same error.
>>>
>>> Everything I can find says that the 2801 is compatible with the VWIC2
>>> card. Am I out of luck here?
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>>
>>> Damien
>>
>> Put it in Slot 1, Slot 0 does not support a VWIC2-1MFT-T1/E1 (assuming
>> that you have sufficient DSPs).
>
> Slot 0 is HWIC slot, so it should support such a card.
> You need one DSP channel for each timeslot you are going to use. Correct me
> if I am wrong.
>
> WBR
> Roman A. Nozdrin

 - NOTICE FROM DIMENSION DATA AUSTRALIA
This message is confidential, and may contain proprietary or legally privileged information.  If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender and delete it immediately.

Internet communications are not secure. You should scan this message and any attachments for viruses.  Under no circumstances do we accept liability for any loss or damage which may result from your receipt of this message or any attachments.