[cisco-voip] DTMF relay with Verizon SIP Trunk?

Erin Mikelson ekmikelson at hotmail.com
Fri May 29 17:38:24 EDT 2009

A collegue of mine spent 32 hours on the phone with TAC and Verzion due to a similar issue.

I don't remember the specifics of what he was running into, but in short, this is what he required:

You need 12.4.22(T2)

You need H.323 faststart which requires MTP

You need to configure MTP resources in the router as software

You need to make sure your MRGs are set to use the above MTP and Not any other hardware transcoders or software MTPs.

Good Luck?