[cisco-voip] Second Node in Cluster

Martin Bufton m.bufton at spectra-group.co.uk
Tue Nov 3 10:27:41 EST 2009

I'm tryin to add a second Node to my CCM 7 environment.

I have added the second server via the web interface setting the IP
address and description.

I have even restarted the 1st server

When I try and add the second server I get the following error

"could not contact server using UDP 8500"

Or words to similar effect.

My MTU is set to 1400 on bother servers, so should be allowed across my
VPN, I can ping ok and also got past the stage of confirming security
password so connectivity should be good.

Other forums suggested a possible DNS issue so I have removed all
reference to DNS on both server.

and still it's not working.

Can anyone point me in the best direction to continue troubleshooting?

Thanks in advance

Martin