[cisco-voip] Conference solutions

Sean Walberg swalberg at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 10:22:04 EST 2009

We still use Global Crossing.

We got a basic MPX installation for almost free, so we worked out what it
would cost to scale it up and conference traffic in house. We told Global
Crossing this, they slashed their prices to the point where it was the same
cost as the PRIs and long distance, so it was an easy decision to turn off
MPX.

It might have been different if we used a lot more screen sharing, but now
that we're using OCS, the cost of that is nothing, too. Maybe if the balance
of IP phones vs non IP phones changed too we could have got away with a lot
fewer PRIs and made those essentially free.

MPX is nice though. Could use some work for non-IE support on the screen
sharing app, but even Webex sucks for that.

Sean

Sean Walberg <sean at ertw.com>    http://ertw.com/