[cisco-voip] Unity Connection 7 Call Handlers based on Called Number

Lelio Fulgenzi lelio at uoguelph.ca
Thu Nov 5 09:31:03 EST 2009

You can be as complicated or as simple as you want with call handlers. We typically build our call handlers with an empty (or very very simple) pilot call handler in the front in the event we want to temporarily modify the greeting.

The alternate greeting is fine for this, but we still want the remainder to be the same.

So, for example, our call handlers are:

CH1: Welcome to the University of Guelph >CH2
CH2: If you know the extension you are trying to reach, you may enter it at any time > CH3
CH3: Please select from one of the following options > CH4
CH4: blah blah blah

(I'm not 100% sure if CH3/CH4 are separate)

This way here, we can modify CH1 to say: "Welcome to the University, the University is closed because we got some bad a$$ snow storm coming down on us" and not have to worry about the rest of the greetings.

Choosing where to error out in each greeting is one of the hardest things to decide on. We decided each CH will error out on itself.

If you haven't already, check out www.ciscounitytools.com, it has a new call handler design tool which will make your life easier.

Right now, you have to build your call handlers backwards since you have to point to them down stream. The tool from above allows you to start at the top, and create call handlers as you point to them.

---
Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A.
(519) 824-4120 x56354 (519) 767-1060 FAX (JNHN)
"Bad grammar makes me [sic]" - Tshirt