[cisco-voip] 6900 series IP Phones

Ed Leatherman ealeatherman at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 08:19:39 EST 2009

Anyone have these in production yet? Thoughts?

Interested in how they hold up.. hookswitch for example has been a
problem on some of the 7900 models.

Do you find end-users have an easier time using them over the
'flagship' 7900's when switching from a key system or pbx? Not that I
think the 7900's are hard to use, but some people are set in their
ways.

I'm thinking this is a nice simple, inexpensive option for faculty
offices and other light usage areas (from higher ed point of view).
Almost cheap enough that I would think about offering the 6921 in dorm
rooms.

On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 1:21 PM, MIHI <mihi at ludens.elte.hu> wrote:

> The Con is it's only supported on CUCBE & above.  no CME or UC500 support.
>

> New and Changed Information
>
> Firmware release 8.5(3) introduces support for Cisco Unified Communications
> Manager Express (CME) and Secure Remote Site Telephony (SRST) for Cisco
> Unified IP Phones 6921, 6941, and 6961 (SCCP). For more information, refer
> to the Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express System Administrator
> Guide.
>
> http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/6921_6941_6961/firmware/8_5_3/english/release/notes/6900_853.html#wp169867

Ed Leatherman