[cisco-voip] Device/line approach and Forward CCSs

Ruttman, Pete G. PRuttman at foley.com
Fri Nov 13 12:05:03 EST 2009

I have built out the start of a new 7.12 system.  I have used the
device/line approach which means I have the CSS for the device granting
all access and the line CSSs blocking access as I see fit.  On our old
system, I had a set of CSSs that granted a hiearchy of access from
internal to International.  I applied one of these CSSs to the device
based on the proper access to the PSTN I wanted.  The main line CSS was
blank.  I also used these same CSSs to restrict things liike Forward
Busy External or Forward No Answer External to just local calling.  On
the new device/line model I don't have CSSs that just provide local.  I
have blocking CSSs and full PSTN access CSSs.  What should I do to
restrict the Forward Busy and Forward No Answer to just local calling in
this new model?

Thanks,

Pete

The preceding email message may be confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. It is not intended for transmission to, or receipt by, any unauthorized persons.  If you have received this message in error, please (i) do not read it, (ii) reply to the sender that you received the message in error, and (iii) erase or destroy the message.  Legal advice contained in the preceding message is solely for the benefit of the Foley & Lardner LLP client(s) represented by the Firm in the particular matter that is the subject of this message, and may not be relied upon by any other party.

Internal Revenue Service regulations require that certain types of written advice include a disclaimer. To the extent the preceding message contains advice relating to a Federal tax issue, unless expressly stated otherwise the advice is not intended or written to be used, and it cannot be used by the recipient or any other taxpayer, for the purpose of avoiding Federal tax penalties, and was not written to support the promotion or marketing of any transaction or matter discussed herein.