[cisco-voip] CUCM Version naming convention used in compmatrix and on admin page

afatsum afatsum at verizon.net
Tue Nov 17 14:56:36 EST 2009

Hi,

Can anyone tell how the version naming of CUCM in compatibility matrix
i.e. 7.1.2a corresponds to actual version displayed on the admin page
i.e. 7.1.2.2000-2?

What I am trying to figure out is how to check the version in
compatibility matrix, as its listed 7.1.2a from the version listed on
the admin page of CM, so i would know if its an ES, SU or what upgrade
path is available to me.

I've googled it, and didn't find any useful reference information on
Cisco.com either.

Thanks in advance

Mus