[cisco-voip] Nortel Option 11 / E1 R2 with CUCM

Subhrojyoti Banerjee subhrojyoti at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 18 11:08:03 EST 2009

Hi Folks,

I'm trying to make an old PBX work with 3845 doing E1R2 using H.323 with CUCM. Following is the call flow-

Internal phone --- Nortel PBX ---- E1R2 ---- 3845(12.4(20)T3) --- H.323 ---- CUCM (6.1.2.1000-13) ---- IPT

Nortel PBX Info:
Nortel Option 11
VERSION 2111
RELEASE 25
ISSUE 15 +

I'm basically looking for some Cisco interop docs on the above Nortel PBX with Cisco. I did manage to find one doc, but not sure if this is for the same release of PBX. Has anyone ever configured such a setup before and what could be the caveats or limitations?

Basically there are number of old Nortel PBX which needs to be hooked on to Cisco and customer doesn't have enough bandwidth to upgrade to newer PBX h/w or s/w release. So need to find out if this is doable or not.

Thanks in advance,

Subhrojyoti