[cisco-voip] Staging on similar hardware for UCCX

Kin Wai kinwai at singnet.com.sg
Wed Nov 18 12:30:34 EST 2009

Hi all,

I will be upgrading uccx server for my customer from 4.0 to 7.0. Since an OS
reinstallation is required and my customer suggest that maybe I can stage it
in the office with spare servers and bring the hard disk over. (It's an in
box upgrade).

In my office, I have a lot of 7835 lying around with the same CPU speed.
However, I'm not sure whether they have the exact hardware configuration or
not. Like in my office server it comes with 4GB and 4 HDD configuration
while the customer server comes with 2GB ram and HDD configuration.

My plan is I will make my office server with 2 hdd and setup (I have to
setup anyway for staging purpose so there's no diff if I do it in vmware or
physical server) and bring 1 HDD over on that, try to boot up with it and
see if it works. (I'm aware of the mac address licensing concern and system
bios concern)

I'm wondering what's the chances of working? I'm just afraid of those
windows bluescreen due to drivers. The worst case is I will need to
reinstall their server totally, spend more time there during the migration.
=)

Regards,

Kin Wai