[cisco-voip] CUC 7 and CUCMBE 7.1(3) BAT alternate extensions...

Jonathan Charles jonvoip at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 16:12:19 EST 2009

So, I am reading that BAT is not supported on CUC when it is
coresident (looks like you can only update system contacts)...

"In coresident configurations, the BAT allows you to create and delete
multiple system contacts at the same time by importing information
contained in a comma separated value (CSV) file. (To update multiple
user accounts at once, you must use the BAT available in the Cisco
Unified CM Administration.) In addition, it allows you to export
information about users or system contacts from Cisco Unity Connection
to a CSV file."

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/7x/administration/guide/7xcucsag030.html#wp1049788

I have 300+ users to BAT an alternate extension for, already created
the CSV file to do it...

Is there any way to update these in bulk?

It says to use CCM, but CCM doesn't have alternate extensions as a
field... unless I am missing something...

If the above is true, why is Cisco selling this?

Jonathan