[cisco-voip] FW: CUCM Route List

Ryan Ratliff rratliff at cisco.com
Wed Nov 18 22:21:54 EST 2009

From the aforementioned service parameters...

-Ryan

On Nov 18, 2009, at 4:29 PM, Mark Marquez wrote:

Here is some supplemental information regarding my previous email.  Here is a summary of the problem.

RouteList-1
   H323-HW-RG
  MGCP-GW-RG

I make a call that uses Route List (RL-1).  The first call is successful call via the H323-HW-RG.  I then disconnect the T1 cable to the H323 GW (creating a failover scenario) and my second call fails over successfully to the MGCP-GW-RG.  I make a third call, which again uses MGCP-GW-RG and the call fails.  All other subsequent calls also fail.

I ran a CCM trace and I see that on the second call attempt (first screenshot below) the H323 GW (10.10.32.2) sends back a H.225 RELEASE_COMP message with Cause i = 0x08E089 – Temporary Failure.  CUCM responds to this cause code by sending an MGCP CRCX message to the failover GW (10.10.32.1) thereby resulting in a successful call.

In the second screenshot where I made the third failed call attempt you’ll notice that the H.323 GW also sends a RELEASE_COMP message but it has a different cause code Cause I = 0x080081 – Unallocated/Unassigned Number.  As a result of this cause code CUCM does not send the MGCP CRCX message to the failover MGCP GW and the call ultimately fails.    Any ideas on how to modify this behavior?

<image001.png>

<image002.png>