[cisco-voip] 7937, CUPC and VT advantage camera

ciscozest ciscozest at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 19:40:54 EST 2009

Hi,
I have UCM 7.02a,  a CUP server version 7.0(4), and 7937 conference phone
and I need to deploy video call to other Cisco 7942G phone with VT camera. I
realise that 7937 does not have PC port. I heard somewhere that VT Advantage
camera MUST be installed on PC which is daisy chained to the ip phone. Is
this correct?
Can I have CUPC client and VT advatnage installed on a PC with 7937 phone
installed but not daisy chained (separate cable/ switch port?

Thanks,
Denny