[cisco-voip] Sounding like talking in a metal tube ?

Duane Priebe dpriebe at theriverbank.com
Mon Nov 23 11:40:09 EST 2009

Hello everyone.  Have an issue here, we have 9 voice gateways in our
network and we are having complaints that incoming and outgoing calls
(anything passing one particular LEC PSTN) sound like a "robot" or
"talking in a metal tube" from customers.  This is happening only on one
voice gateway at the moment.  I've tried restarting the gateway and also
doing a shut / no shut on the controller with no improvement.  All
internal calls across our WAN are fine it's just calls transitioning
this one particular voice gateway.   I'm running CM 4.1(3).  Any help
and/or suggestions are appreciated, thanks in advance.

Duane